Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What happened

Tonight on the news, I saw a quote attributed to General Colin Powell, where he stated Americans want to pay their fair share of taxes; they want more government in their lives. Somehow, I think the Veterans Administration must have missed a wounded Veteran, because General Powell has either suffered a major head trauma, or gone insane. Perhaps that language is too strong; it could be that General Powell is simply talking to a specific group of Americans. I for one would love the Government to go away and take the IRS with them. I don’t want a handout, I don’t want food stamps, or welfare, I don’t even want the Government to take care of me in my old age. I just want them to leave me alone to succeed or fail on my own merits… and I think a lot of you would agree.

We are becoming far to dependant on our own Government; we ask it to take care of our poor, our poor are there because of the Government, not in spite of it. We ask the Government to educate our children, and yet our literacy rate has been in a steady decline since the creation of the Department of Education. What was once a strong, wealthy and proud country is more and more becoming a County that manufactures none of it’s own goods, provides none of it’s own services. Increasingly we depend on our enemies for not only the energy to power our cities, but the wealth to spend on the foreign goods with which we think we must fill our homes.

If we do not soon wake from this terrible slumber, we will find all of our liberties taken from us, not stealthily by a thief in the night, but given up by our own hand to the greatest con ever. As Edmund Burke said, “all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”, let us not be the generation that finally gave up the last vestiges of our freedom, honor and dignity to the slavering jaws of the Masses, the faceless Mob. We owe not only our children and grandchildren the blessings of liberty, but we owe it to our progenitors who left it to us.

Intense Debate Comments