Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Professions of Faith

Bear with me there is a point to this (I think)

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven…

This is the beginning of the Catholic Profession of Faith, as a Catholic I recite this every Sunday at Mass, and at times I’ve even paraphrased it under my breath during times of trouble or doubt, but how many people in the U.S. believe in this or, frankly, any prayer.

Since September 11, 2001 The United States has been involved (probably belatedly, but better late than never?) in an amorphous war on Terror. We win battles, we take and hold territory, and we have even removed a rouge regime from a country that (allegedly?) sponsored terrorists. But, we still haven’t won… Why?

The terrorists aren’t more intelligent, they don’t have better weapons, or soldiers, by all the indications that I have seen they aren’t better funded or equipped. For that matter, they show themselves to be nothing more than an international nuisance most of the time… failed attacks, pathetic attempts, half-baked plans… with only the occasional headline grabbing success, and yet we haven’t beaten them. Again… why?

I brought up the Profession of Faith because I think, that is the reason. In the United States and Europe we speak of our Judeo-Christian heritage, but I think we’ve lost our belief. Speaking a prayer is one thing, believing it is entirely another. The radicalized Muslim terrorists (and no amount of Political Correctness ™ will convince me it isn’t Muslims, albeit radical ones) have a faith that transcends their own physical life. They Believe, heart and soul, body and mind that they are spiritually immortal. Further, they are certain their family unit will continue after they are gone. How many of us have that kind of Faith? Will you die for your faith? Make no mistake they will die for theirs.

Glenn Beck is making a lot of noise about Faith, Hope, and Charity, and I believe he has dedicated himself to those values, I also believe his Faith will allow him to continue forward against anything put in his way. But, no matter how much he talks, and you listen, do you have the Faith to die for what you believe in… Don’t answer… it’s easy to say “I would die for God, Country, and Family”, it’s another to build a bomb vest or fill a car with explosive and physically become the guidance system. I have a lot of Faith, and I like to think that it will see me through if I am ever called to die for what I believe in. However, until every one of us finds that Faith, that ironclad Belief that we are RIGHT, that our culture, and traditions are stronger and more worthy of survival than any of the others, we can’t even begin to think that we are capable of fighting, let alone win a War against Islamic Terrorists. They can continue to launch half-baked plans and use untrained fighters against the most powerful military in the history of the world, and they will still win.

Intense Debate Comments