Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The clock is ticking…

So, the Great Western States Tour is in the final stages, with any luck we will have everything we need ready by Monday, and not a moment too soon.

This morning our wonderful neighbor (a renter) woke us up to the sound of his Dirt bikes, of course 5:30am is the appropriate time of the morning to rev a motorcycle engine in any neighborhood. I of course asked if he was done so I could go back to bed, and apparently, actually speaking to a neighbor is a no-no. I guess this is why the local police are buried in nuisance calls; no one wants to talk to each other.

With any luck our quest across the West will uncover some of the “Normal” folks we all remember from our childhood. I know they exist, every now and then we run into one of them in the grocery store or at the mall.

You know who they are, they are the people that smile and wish you a good day, that apologize for stepping in front of you inadvertently, or hold the door for the mother wrangling children and an armful of groceries.

I like to think that I am one of those people, and I understand that some days are better than others, but…

Maybe this trip will help me be a better neighbor by their shining example; I know living in the city is making me worse. I look forward to meeting some of you and learning by your example.

Intense Debate Comments