Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Sunday in Vegas... at least for a while

This is the last Sunday, heck it's the last full day in Las Vegas before the Great Western States trip, and I have to admit I'm a little frightened.

All the things that could go wrong with this, and all the reasons not to go are plaguing me, but I also can't help but feel that there is a bigger reason to go. I just wish I knew what it was...

Maybe (and this could be wishful thinking, or conceit, I just don't know), we are supposed to do this, in which case God, or fate, or kismet, (take your pick) will make it all turn out for the best. Maybe this trip is less about us and more about the people we will meet along the way. Maybe this is bigger then broadening the girls education seeing the beauty of the Country and more about the country seeing them.

If it is, I hope I don't screw it all up (though if it is God, even I can't screw up that bad). So I'll share the condensed version of the gospel today.

After doubting this was a good idea for most of the preceding week, the Gospel in church today was the story of Jesus walking on the water and Peter walking (part way) to him. The upshot is that the story was about having faith and following God's commands. If that wasn't a sign to stop being a coward and move forward, well then maybe I'm delusional.

Intense Debate Comments