Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Paging Dr. Kildare… or at least his automotive counterpart…

Today I managed to limp the little red wagon into the garage, and Sammy bless his heart even gave me a ride home (Thank God since it was 9:00am and already pushing 90 degrees). Around 2:00pm, Sammy called to give me the damage estimate, and it turns out that some how or another I’d managed to burn through a piston, or something like that. On the positive side though, it isn’t anything a little money couldn’t fix. So, the little red wagon is going to get a heart transplant, I just hope the new engine has the same spirit the last one did.

I didn’t mention just how impressive this SUV is (or how much heart it has), while limping back to Las Vegas, I didn’t want to stop for fear I wouldn’t get it started again. We spent the entire trip nursing the engine, and praying we wouldn’t run out of gas, well we did… right after I put the trailer in the driveway. Our little red wonder wagon gave it’s all to get me (and more importantly, my family) back home.

If this had been the family dog, the newspapers would be trumpeting the bravery and loyalty of the family pet. As it is the little red wagon is just a truck, a thing, a tool to be used and discarded, but I think our little bus is something more, oh sure it’s steel and rubber and plastic but like Steven Kings “Christine” maybe, just maybe our car is more than the sum of it’s parts.

Intense Debate Comments