Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What a difference a day makes

Well here it is Tuesday, and I feel like I’m not where I’m supposed to be… Oh Yeah, I was supposed to be soaking up the ambiance of Yosemite National Park, instead, I’m home trying to find a mechanic that 1) is reliable, 2) cheap, and 3) will answer the darn phone. I guess it is my own fault, I told Sammy (my Mechanic) I would be on vacation of the foreseeable future – how was I to know that would only be about 10 hours.

On the plus side though, our Parish Priest called to see how the vacation was going, and when we told him what had happened, wouldn’t you know it, he has a guy… Luckily for Sammy though, Father Peter had to look up his guys contact information and while I was waiting I called Sammy back to (try to) schedule an appointment tomorrow, and finally got through (he almost lost out to Fr. Peter’s guy).

So, since there isn’t anything better to do, and really I don’t want to unpack, I spent the day napping (well the wife did, I can’t sleep) and playing Fallout (New Vegas). It is strange to play a video game that is set in your own town, if I wasn’t so stable it might make me paranoid or something.

Anyway, since today was a total write off, let’s see what tomorrow brings, I’m still holding out hope that Sammy will pull off a miracle, I would hate to take this trip with a strange car. I know our little red wagon, and I am comfortable with the odd smells, broken trim, and funny sounds. It just wouldn’t feel right taking a Stranger around the country.

Intense Debate Comments