Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

LET’S RETURN TO AN OLD FRIEND…

It seems to me that with the economy in the state it’s in, and inflation poised to rocket upwards, the Federal Reserve should re-introduce the $1000.00 bill. For once in my lifetime, the Government could do something constructive and proactive about the economy.

Now I don’t want anyone to think that I endorse the government printing more ‘funny’ money, but ever since they pulled the U.S. off the Gold Standard, the Federal Reserve, has been playing fast and loose with our economy. While I wouldn’t normally care about the denomination of the bills, I seldom see $100.00 bills, but if they are going to inflate us to prosperity as seems likely, let’s get ahead of the curve and put some of these into circulation again.

Of course starting out with the thousand might be pushing things a little far, but I like Grover Cleveland more than William McKinley – how can you not, he’s named after a Muppet. I will concede though that it may make more sense to start small, issue McKinley on the $500.00 first and ease into this inflationary cycle.

Regardless of what the fat cats in the fed do though, the end remains the same for the rest of us; work, work, spend, work, work, spend… die. We appear to be locked in a rigged game, where no matter what you do, if you follow the rules, you lose.

Maybe that’s because they made the rules, maybe it’s time we changed the game…

Intense Debate Comments