Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

PREACHING TO THE CHOIR

I thought that I would put something together that has been tickling my brain for a while…

These next few (I hope I can keep focus that long) posts I want to dedicate to what I view as the rise and fall of the United States. I envision them as a where we were to where we are perspective, looking at the first one hundred years of America (the rise) in contrast to the most recent one hundred years (the fall). When I started thinking about this I thought there would be two or three different areas that I would need to look at, the first (and closest to my heart) the American Military. After that perhaps (with luck that ADHD won’t derail me), I would like to look at Business; how it changed and changed the American mindset. Finally looking at American politics (thought I’m not sure I want to examine that fetid pile of excrement), and how we’ve shifted from a Republic to an Oligarchy (thinly disguised as a Democracy).

I hope that I won’t bore or alienate any of my readers, and as always I am, open to comment or correction.

Oh and By the Way… Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,

The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,

I know of no reason

Why the Gunpowder Treason

Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent

To blow up the King and Parli'ment.

Three-score barrels of powder below

To prove old England's overthrow;

By God's providence he was catch'd (or by God's mercy*)

With a dark lantern and burning match.

Holla boys, Holla boys, let the bells ring.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

And what should we do with him? Burn him!”

Intense Debate Comments