Where is John Galt?

Where is John Galt? Follow along as we find out!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU DO THOSE THINGS YOU DO?


Since I’m busily slaving away on a book length project, and don’t have time to opine here I wanted to get some feedback from the folks that read my blog.

 

You see, once I’m done with “Notes from the Bunker” I want to move on smartly to the next project and I thought I’d ask you all what you are interested in (within some boundaries…).

 

I have other story ideas that I would like to explore and well, I can’t decide which I like the most. Therefore, I have a small selection of ideas I’ve been knocking around. Let me know what you like (and why if the mood suits you).

 

  1. Zombies seem all the rage lately and I thought it would be interesting to look at them from a fundamental Christian perspective. A type of ‘Armageddon, Rapture, and Resurrection’ mix and match instead of the standard meteor from space or rogue bio-lab experiment gone wrong.

  1. For the more ‘Sword and Sorcery’ types, I’ve been playing around with a barbarian that unlike Robert Howard’s ‘Conan’, uses brains over brawn, winning his fights in a more cerebral way.


  1. Every person I’ve met would probably agree that if they could change ‘just one thing’ their lives would be so much better. In this novel, we follow someone who can do just that, and how his life (or lives) really turns out.


  1. What if you could travel through time? What if you didn’t have conscious control of the trip, the era, the duration, the location? What would that look like? How would you handle the trips or the return to the present? Most interestingly, could you tell anyone, and how would you explain if you could?


  1. Pharmacology is understood for Humans and Veterinary medicine. We know that medications are invading our water supply. What happens when an effective medication pushes ocean dweller into Human level sentience? How would they react to us? How do we react to them? Could you continue to eat Tuna Sandwiches?



  1. I’ve always been fascinated by domed cities, and especially the self-contained cities of William Nolan and George Johnson’s ‘Logan’s Run’ and Aldous Huxley’s ‘Brave New World’. My fascination though was a more behind the scenes and what-if type. For example, what is life like outside the domes? What happens to any cultures or civilizations that arise outside separated from the internal culture or civilization? Could, after generations, the two even communicate?



  1. How about a thriller based around a normal person (with an unusual profession) who witness’ something he probably shouldn’t? How would someone without Super Spy gadgets, money and support outwit, evade or out fight the Baddies trying to silence him?


There are your choices, not an exhaustive list to be sure, but a good start. If you don’t like any of them toss out an idea, you like… Maybe it will strike my fancy and you’ll get the story that has been nagging you and collaborator credit.



Until Next Time…



Derek

Intense Debate Comments